“I wanted to say thank you for the quality of care that I have received at your clinic for the last 20 years or so. Here are some of the things (no particular order) that I have noticed.
- You instructed at University of Toronto dental school. This is an important observation of Arthur Dunec the person who is willing to contribute time and expertise to others who are building their skills. I am sure the pay was minimal but the personal rewards were huge.
- You have contributed your time and skill regularly to provide dental services to those in need in Israel. Again the personal rewards are needed to “recharge the batteries” and prevent personal “burn-out” in the daily routine of managing a clinic.
- You are what I would call an “authentic” person, confident in your own abilities and guided by outstanding personal values. I never saw work recommended that wasn’t justified.
- I have had several crowns fitted (perfectly) by you and I hereby acknowledge the technical skill and manual dexterity (patience too?) required to deliver a great outcome which has been my experience. Fitting a crown is a “big deal” in my opinion.
- It’s very evident that your staff is a team. They support each other and are happy and competent in their work. I saw laughter. In my opinion “laughter is a sign of process health”. Family pictures on the wall say a lot too.
- I saw much evidence of staff upgrading and maintaining their professional qualifications. This is evidence of a learning organization that will survive and change to meet the needs of the times.
- Special thanks to Lee and Carm, two people that I had more contact with than others.
My sincere best wishes to you and all of your staff and their families.
“Dear Dr. Dunec,
We would like to take this time to thank you for your valuable instructions during our Prosthodontic clinical sessions. The extra Materials and handouts were much appreciated and aided us in our better understanding of techniques. Your patience and attentiveness were received with gratitude.
M.K, J.J, C.H., J.H.”
“Dear Dr. Dunec,
We would like to express our heartfelt gratitude for your help throughout the fall in the third year prosthodontics clinic.
R.B., N.B., J.B., C.B.”
“Dear Dr. Dunec,
We have reached a stage in our lives when going into and through Toronto has become an ordeal.. So it is with regret that we are saying good bye to you and Carm.. Our very best wishes for continuing success in your chosen field and in your family life.
Good bye and God bless.
“Dear Dr. Dunec & Staff,
Just a note to thank you for your masterful work on what could have been a nasty eventuality. Because of my instincts, your staff’s response and your sure touch, the situation resolved itself quickly and painlessly. A double relief.
“To Dr. Dunec,
Shadowing with you truly ignited my passion for dentistry. After observing a filling procedure I recall thinking to myself how beautiful and artistic that process was, and I truly desire to be able to do just that. I learned a lot about the working life of a dentist and about how to interact with other people at work and with patients; and was fortunate enough to glimpse into the inner workings of a successful dental office. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, for always taking the time out of your busy schedule to explain, teach and answer my questions; and for always being so nice, kind and patient to me.
*On a very happy note, B. was accepted into first year Dentistry and will begin her studies at the University of Toronto in the Fall of 2013.